Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back from vacation, now with pictures!

Yes, my dears, I am back from vacation, renewed, refreshed and with plenty of pictures off my camera.

We had the first snow of the season back on December 7th. This is fairly unusual. While it looks like quite a bit, here in the backyard, there was no snow on the roads. Let me repeat that: there was no snow on the roads. I went to the gym at 5:30 AM and had no problems whatsoever getting down our hill or back up. I doubt the people in Brockport would have even noticed that it had snowed. Here, however? It took me 2 hours to get to work. A normal day is 30-40 minutes. Unbelievable. 


This is an heirloom tomato from our garden, which I pulled off the bushes while it was still green, in advance of the snow and freeze. Benjamin took this picture on December 21st. Yes, 4 days before Christmas we were eating a fresh tomato from our garden. Almost unbelievable, in an entirely different way.


Stay tuned - later this week I will have pictures from Christmas and from our New Year's Day hike.

No comments: